Top live casinos 2023
In a live casino, players have the chance to experience a real casino atmosphere in the comfort of their own home. Live casino games are therefore an indispensable part of online casinos. But which providers give you the best live casino experience?
We went on a search and subjected the current offerings in the industry to our extensive test to find the best live casino .
In this live table games guide, you can find out which live dealer casino convinced us the most in 2023 and what you should definitely look out for when choosing your future live casino.
What exactly is a live casino?
The gambling industry is booming and new online casinos are constantly being added to the market. Of course, the game developers are also on their toes and regularly add new titles to the selection of the best games. Here, experts differentiate between so-called live casino games and non-moderated gaming tables as well as slots, i.e. classic slot machines.
If you take a look at modern providers, there is usually a separate section dedicated to live casino games. Here you will find games that are led by real live dealers and transmitted to your screen via live stream. It is not uncommon for the actual gaming action to take place in a real, land-based casino, creating an authentic casino atmosphere.
If you opt for an online roulette or live blackjack casino, for example, you will be able to enjoy a particularly realistic experience when playing these two classic games. You can watch the croupier place the ball on the table and enjoy the excitement as the wheel spins. There is hardly much more action than in such no-limit live casinos.
The most popular live casino games
Good live casinos offer you a large selection of different games. These include not only classics such as poker, immersive roulette or baccarat. In recent years, some new game categories have also emerged as customer favorites. We will now introduce you to the best casino live games.
If a portal offers moderated gaming tables, it is almost certainly a live roulette casino. The popular game with the ball and the wheel has been thrilling players for countless years and is therefore an absolute must for any good live casino.
It is important to know that different variants of this game should be available. For example, lightning roulette, immersive roulette, European roulette and speed roulette. The more options on offer here, the better for our live casino comparison.
Blackjack is also usually offered in numerous variants. In this case, however, the differences are more noticeable in the table limits, i.e. the permitted stakes. Ideally, a live blackjack casino offers options for every budget.
While the minimum bet is set at one euro on average, there are often exclusive gaming tables for high rollers where up to €10,000 can be invested per round. This gives live casinos unique selling points.
Live game shows
For some years now, game shows have been enjoying steadily growing popularity in live casinos in . These include titles such as Live Monopoly and Deal or no Deal, as well as the popular wheels of fortune Dream Catcher, Crazy Time and others.
The special feature of these live casino games is that the action-packed atmosphere of a TV show can be imitated. Particularly fast game rounds are striking here, with customers benefiting from a very high winning potential. The streamer Knossi also enjoys playing live game shows.
Baccarat is also a must in any good online live casino. The tables of the famous card game differ primarily in terms of the possible betting limits. Ideally, separate games are offered for newcomers and high rollers.
Even if the rules of baccarat are very easy to understand, beginners still need to familiarize themselves with the game. Furthermore, not every player is lucky enough to be able to wager €10,000 in one go.
When you think of gambling, poker certainly comes to mind very quickly. After all, we are talking about one of the most popular card games of all. Good live casinos should therefore always offer various poker tables.
Here, however, you do not play against other customers, but against the live dealer. Basically, you place bets on the croupier’s hands. In some cases, high rollers can wager up to €5,000 per game round in the live casino.
Requirements for playing in the live dealer casino
Register, deposit money and collect big winnings – is playing in live dealer casinos really that easy? If you want to successfully play popular table games such as baccarat, poker or blackjack, you should fulfill some of the most important requirements:
First of all, beginners should familiarize themselves with the rules of their chosen game. If you still need to practice, you can immerse yourself in various table games in many online casinos with the help of demo versions, play with virtual money and thus better understand the gameplay.
When choosing the right online casino, players should also make sure that they are placing their bets with a reputable platform. When depositing fresh money, you should not only choose a secure payment method, but also pay attention to the wagering requirements for receiving various bonuses – if you overlook the minimum turnover or bonus duration, you can quickly lose your welcome bonus.
Once you have arrived at your chosen live casino, you should always treat the live dealer and other players with the necessary respect. If you meet all these requirements, you can now look forward to your first round in the live casino.
Live casino software providers
If you want to enjoy the best live casinos, there are not only numerous casino operators to choose from, but also various software providers. For a game to be convincing in real time, both the design and the quality must be right. For a smooth gaming experience, we recommend the following software providers for live casinos:
|Optimized for display on iOS and Android devicesBest graphics and designs
|Development of live casinos in different languagesLarge selection of games
|Exclusive VIP gamesGames available in multiplayer mode
|Large selection of gamesDevelopment of live casinos in different languages
|Game modes from different perspectivesAlready on the market for 20 years
|Extreme Live Games
|Best quality, also in HDLarge selection of games
|Casinos in live stream 24/7Particularly large selection of live roulette
How does the game work at Live Casino ?
When you choose an online live casino, you are basically taking a virtual seat at one of the gaming tables. For lightning roulette, for example. The game is then moderated by real live dealers who also follow your decisions and bets on a screen.
As a customer, you can watch in the live stream as the croupier throws the ball into the roulette wheel or shuffles or lays the cards for blackjack and baccarat. This means that your gaming experience differs from a real casino visit in that you don’t have to go to a casino.
You can access the best live casinos anytime, anywhere, without having to travel or adhere to a dress code. Thanks to razor-sharp HD streams, the best live casinos ensure optimal gameplay. All you have to do is select a game and set your stake. You then play the casino live games according to the familiar rules.
Stakes and table limits for live dealer games
Online casinos without license are ideal for those who want to place bets with complete flexibility. The operators we present in this guide have licenses from Curaçao, Gibraltar or Malta and offer high security standards to protect their customers’ capital and winnings. In addition, players on these platforms can rely on a high degree of flexibility, as they can not only deposit money at will, but also enjoy higher limits in the online casino without the 5-second rule.
In most live casinos, bets can be placed from as little as USD 0.50. There are – at least not infrequently – hardly any upper limits, as some providers allow players to place bets of up to USD 100 per round. By default, bets of up to USD 15 per round are possible in live casinos.
Those who place higher stakes tend to win more, but may also have to cope with higher losses. It is therefore even more important to work with a promising strategy and to understand the poker, blackjack and baccarat process.
Want to get into the best live casino quickly and successfully and collect big winnings? Then beginners should consider the expert tips from the editorial team:
- 🔥 Know the rules of the live casino you choose. We have summarized the best tips for online blackjack and online roulette in detailed guides.
- 🔥 Familiarize yourself with the table layout as well as the gameplay and the most promising strategies. If you feel that you still need practice, you can use a free demo version with play money at many providers.
- 🔥 Live casinos can be addictive. Set times when you want to play and don’t neglect your private life.
- 🔥 Before you start, determine the maximum amount of money you want to wager in an online casino and for how long. This will protect you from overspending.
- 🔥 Never see the live casino as a fixed source of income. Casino games should primarily be fun – in practice, hardly anyone can earn a living by playing in online casinos.
Glossary of live casino terms
In our glossary, we have once again taken up the most important terms relating to live casino and explained them for beginners:
- 🎰 All In: Used to describe when players place their entire balance as a bet.
- 🎰 Bank: This is the name given to the casino itself in live casinos.
- 🎰 Bet: English term for “bet” or also “wager”.
- 🎰 Hand: This is the name given to the cards dealt in blackjack or poker.
- 🎰 Bonus: A bonus is paid by the casino operator on the basis of various benefits. Usually as a credit on the first deposit, but often also on deposits made on certain days of the week.
- 🎰 Cashback: Anyone who suffers losses in live casinos can have a percentage refunded as part of cashback promotions.
- 🎰 Cold streak: This is the term used to describe a player’s prolonged losing streak.
- 🎰 Dealer: The dealer is responsible for managing the game and dealing cards in a live casino.
- 🎰 Flat betting: This is a casino strategy in which players always place the same amount as their stake.
- 🎰 Free spins: This is the term used to describe free game rounds without placing your own capital.
- 🎰 High roller: This is the name given to players who place above-average stakes.
- 🎰 Jackpot: This is the name given to the main prize that can be won in slot games or other tournaments.
- 🎰 Jeton: Another term for “coin” or “chip”.
- 🎰 KYC: This is the process by which players must verify their identity to the live casino using an ID document. “KYC” stands for “Know Your Customer”.
- 🎰 Live casino: This refers to a special type of casino that offers games against other players or against the dealer in real time.
- 🎰 Minimum bet: This is the minimum amount that must be placed as a bet in a game round.
- 🎰 No Deposit Bonus: This is a bonus that players receive without depositing real money in the online casino.
- 🎰 Promotions: This is the term used by casino operators to describe promotions that promise new bonus credits as part of various wagering requirements.
- 🎰 Rollover: This defines how often players must wager their balance and bonus in order to receive the bonus credit.
- 🎰 RTP rate: This is the payout rate of online casinos.
- 🎰 Scatter: This is the name given to special symbols in slots that can trigger free spins.
- 🎰 Side bet: This is the name given to side bets that are used in table games such as baccarat.
- 🎰 Slot: Another term for slot machine games.
- 🎰 Stake: Another term for bet per round.
- 🎰 Video poker: This is the name given to poker games in which you play against a computer.
- 🎰 Reels: This is the name given to the reels containing various symbols in a slot machine game.
- 🎰 Random number generator: This is the name given to the software that randomly generates results in online casinos.
What you should definitely look out for in new live casinos
The gambling market is constantly changing. Every month, at least one new online live casino is added to the list of available offers. It is therefore often not easy to keep track of everything. Once you have found a really good live dealer casino that suits your individual preferences, it is of course obvious to remain loyal to this provider.
Not least because of the loyalty systems, with which existing customers often receive better and better rewards if they play there long-term. Nevertheless, it can pay off to think outside the box from time to time and consider a new live casino in . On the one hand, such brand new portals are of course always keen to attract new customers, so it’s not unusual for them to have particularly attractive bonus offers waiting for you.
And secondly, you may even discover completely new live casino games there that will enhance your casino experience even more. Of course, you should still exercise caution and choose new live casino providers from our comparison. This is because we make sure in advance that these are not fraudulent casinos without a license, but safe and reputable offers that you can use without hesitation.
The best bonus offers in the live casino
Not all providers allow the bonus balance to be used for live casino games. The wagering requirements may also differ for slots and live casino games. In our top recommendations, you will of course also find a special live casino bonus that you can use without restriction. These are the most lucrative bonus variants with which the best live casinos currently treat their customers.
- Welcome bonus: As a new player, you will almost always be welcomed with a particularly attractive bonus. However, it is important here that the credit granted can also be used and cleared in the live roulette casino, for example. You have this option with our recommendations. For new customers in particular, there are occasionally bonuses without wagering requirements.
- Cashbacks: Experienced players who regularly wager large sums in live casinos attach great importance to so-called cashbacks. These are partial percentage refunds of lost bets that are granted weekly or once a month, for example.
- Tournaments: Many live casinos organize tournaments at regular intervals, with attractive prizes for the most successful participants. Usually, all you have to do is play certain live casino games.
- VIP programs: Many live casinos allow regular players to participate in so-called loyalty systems. You collect points, move up in the VIP program and secure ever better rewards. For example, bonus credits, cashbacks or higher limits for the best live casino experience.
- Expert tips: How to find the best live casino for you personally Choosing the right provider is key to getting the best experience at a live blackjack casino. You will only feel comfortable in the long term and achieve the best results if the provider meets all your personal requirements.
This means, for example, that they offer exactly the casino live games and promotions that you prefer. You should also, of course, find payment options that you feel secure with. In addition to such major factors, small details can also be decisive in determining whether an online live casino really suits you. Every player has individual needs. And the strengths and weaknesses of live casinos are just as different.
To help you find the best match, we inform you about the unique selling points, i.e. the special highlights of the offers. If you take a close look at our live casino comparison, you will find a few key points next to each candidate. These are the areas in which the provider stands out from the competition. With our help, every player can find their personal best live casino.
Live casino apps
A big advantage of the online live casino is that you no longer have to go to an online casino to gamble. And since we live in an age where most people use their smartphone or tablet for numerous everyday activities, mobile gaming is of course also a hot topic.
A good live dealer casino will therefore also provide you with mobile solutions for the portal. This means you have your hobby with you around the clock in your pocket and can provide entertainment wherever you are. We differentiate here between classic live casino apps that you download and mobile websites. For the second option, you don’t need to install any special software on your device, but simply open the web app in your normal browser. The best casino app for live dealer games offers you both options.
Payment options in live casinos
In order to pay the stakes in the live casino and thus ensure real winnings, you need to fund your player account with credit. That’s why we take a close look at the payment portfolio in the live casino test. A good provider should cooperate with as many of the popular payment services in this country as possible.
The classics are bank and instant transfers, credit card payments and e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller. However, many are currently also increasingly relying on the lightning-fast payment interface Trustly or modern methods such as ecoPayz, MuchBetter, Google Pay and Apple Pay. Casinos with PayPal deposits, on the other hand, are rather rare in this sector.
Cryptocurrencies are also becoming increasingly popular. Live casinos in particular now cover numerous variants of digital currencies, including matching bonus offers. It is important that your money transfers are always carried out quickly, reliably and free of charge. However, if you prefer to pay by direct debit, we have also tested the best direct debit casinos. The important thing is that your money transfers are always fast, reliable and free of charge.
|Can also be carried out without Internet access
|Long processing times of several working days
|Instant bank transfer
|Can be carried out quickly using your own online banking
|Security risks in the event of phishing or cyber attacks
|Secure payment method
|Debit interest may be due when the credit line is debited
|Fast payment method
|Not available at every live casino
|Fast payment method
|Registration with third-party provider necessary
|Anonymous payment method
|Limitation of the deposit amount
|Convenient payment method with favorable exchange rates
|Registration with KYC required with the operator
|Google Pay and Apple Pay
|Fast payment method without a physical credit card
|Security risks when tapping payment data
|Decentralized, cost-effective and fast processing
|High value fluctuation risks
Is the payout at Live Casino secure?
We only recommend reputable live casinos that have passed all security checks in advance. This includes ensuring that those responsible have a valid license and take adequate measures to protect players and data.
For example, reputable websites should always be encrypted using SSL certificates. During our research in Internet forums, we look for indications of dubious behavior that would prevent us from making a recommendation. If other customers report delayed or unlawfully refused payouts, for example, all alarm bells start ringing for us.
After all, for us, being able to pay out your winnings smoothly is part and parcel of a positive live casino experience. Of course, we also test this process ourselves as part of our evaluation. This means that your money transfers are 100% secure at our top recommendations.
Online Live Casino Conclusion
For many players, variety in the live casino is a fixed and important component. If you are one of those people who prefer fast-paced entertainment with lots of action and high winning potential, you are guaranteed to be in good hands with the providers from our live casino test.
In this guide, we have not only presented our current top recommendations and explained the criteria we use to evaluate them. You now also know what you should look out for in order to find the best live dealer casino for you personally. So don’t wait any longer. Choose one of the best live casinos of our time from our ranking and secure the best chances of winning with our exclusive bonus deals!
FAQ Online Live Casino
👉 In our current live casino comparison 2023, the crypto casino LuckyBlock was able to shine with the best overall result.
👉 Casinos with a license are not allowed to offer gaming tables with live streaming. The best live casino is therefore equipped with an MGA or Curaçao license, for example.
👉 Live casino games provide an authentic casino atmosphere. Players benefit from the high winning potential of the best games.
👉 Live casino games are often given their own section of the portal. Choose a game there and let real live dealers guide you through the game via live stream.